can patients die while plastic surgery is being performed?

Started by mikedoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mikedoc

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can patients die when plastic surgeons perform surgery or even due to a mistake by the plastic surgeon?
 
medical student response:

in short, yes. reasons ranging from but not limited to complications due to type/amount of anesthesia used, cardiovascular risk of the patient ; risk of pt having a heart attack on table or after procedure (which is always assesed pre-op), arrythmia and massive/uncontrolled bleeding.

i know of 2 cases that I reviewed in a legal aspects of health care class. in both cases, pts died , but they were both due to poor post-op management. both patients had continued bleeding
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can patients die when plastic surgeons perform surgery or even due to a mistake by the plastic surgeon?

No. Patients only die when they go to see their normal doctor. The doctor will take this device and place it on your chest wall:

stethoscope.JPG


At which point, the device emits a ray called a "stupid ray" and it will magically cause arrhythmias in those who ask stupid questions.

Because plastic surgeons do not use this device, (they only cut open people with scalpels), the patient is not at risk of any harm.
 
Aortaplasty, with it's increasing popularity among teenagers who think it is trendy to have a "girthy" aorta, is relatively dangerous.
 
No. Patients only die when they go to see their normal doctor. The doctor will take this device and place it on your chest wall:

stethoscope.JPG


At which point, the device emits a ray called a "stupid ray" and it will magically cause arrhythmias in those who ask stupid questions.

Because plastic surgeons do not use this device, (they only cut open people with scalpels), the patient is not at risk of any harm.

thank you for answering his question. I would have liked to given a sarcastic response but in my tired state I was actually so struck by the amount of stupidity contained in his single post that I became momentarily ******ed and unable to think of a response as insulting as the sheer idiocy of his question warranted. Once again, thank you.
 
thank you for answering his question. I would have liked to given a sarcastic response but in my tired state I was actually so struck by the amount of stupidity contained in his single post that I became momentarily ******ed and unable to think of a response as insulting as the sheer idiocy of his question warranted. Once again, thank you.

You think this thread is bad? Check out his previous posts. This is my favorite, from the pre-allopathic med forum.

"I heard a few years ago that there will be a BIG earthquake
i mean a big disastrous earthquake that could kill a lot of people
and destroy a lot of things in cali in 30 years.

How accurate is this information?

Are people in cali concered about this or do they not think about it at all?

I know that it would be hard for people who are already living in cali to move out of cali just from this might-not-be-true info,
but would you advise people not to move into cali?

I know some people in cali and would be happy to live in cali due to nice weather etc...(currently i live in east coast),
but this earthquake thing is scaring me a lot to tell u the truth."


How awesome is that?
 
thank you for answering his question. I would have liked to given a sarcastic response but in my tired state I was actually so struck by the amount of stupidity contained in his single post that I became momentarily ******ed and unable to think of a response as insulting as the sheer idiocy of his question warranted. Once again, thank you.

you are most welcome

i believe that even trolls deserve messages tinged with sarcasm and an underlying wave of hate 😉