Can Pharmacist.....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lady Tokimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Write proposals for new drugs?? Or am i gettin wrong information? Any thoughts plz? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can propose new drugs all you want, the hard part in getting someone to believe in you. I currently work for a pharma company now and will be starting pharma school in the fall. I have been at the company for four years. Here are the politics involved in getting someone to even try your drug. First, you had better know your primary lit backwards and forwards. Second, you should have some idea of market potential. Third, have other labs or companies already worked on the pathway that you are wanting to drug. Lastly, how would you test the drug? You have to know what assays you would like to use to find out if the drug works, this is from the start of things in vitro, all the way to what kind of mouse models you would like to use to test the in vivo activity of the drug.
One more thing----for the most part if the drug is not a billion dollar a year drug in market potential you will have a hard time selling it to any big pharma. If they don't bite then you have to go to smaller pharma, or to college labs that work in the area you want to drug. Problem here is that they may or may not have the time and money to take on your project.
DR