Can someone explain this to me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SirRichardPryor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound stupid for asking but cut me a break, I'm a first year pharmacy student so I'm not keen as you Pharm.D's...not yet at least. I read this online and people were going crazy saying "wow how stupid is that mother" and here's the quote:

Mother just asked "How come my generic benedryl doesnt say 'Generic for Dimatapp or Robatussin on it?'"

Can someone explain this for me? How is the mother stupid for asking this?

Members don't see this ad.

The same reason that Bud light isn't generic for Bud, the King of Beers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if I sound stupid for asking but cut me a break, I'm a first year pharmacy student so I'm not keen as you Pharm.D's...not yet at least. I read this online and people were going crazy saying "wow how stupid is that mother" and here's the quote:

Can someone explain this for me? How is the mother stupid for asking this?

the generic name for benedryl is diphenhydramine

by the way bud and bud light are terrible beers

diphenhydramine and guaifenesin are related in that they treat symptoms that could be associated with the common cold. Diphenhydramine-->Brompheniramine she'd at least be in the same ballpark in that they're both antihistamines. But benadryl, dimetapp, and robitussin are all different drugs and misspelled to boot.

Last edited:
A guard asked me, "So Pharmavixen, is there really a drug called, Mobicox?"

I said yeah, and started to explain what it was, but he interrupted, "So... is that generic for Moby Dick?"

Just thought I'd share.