Can someone explain this?

Started by Informer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Informer

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading this year's Air Force IFB forecast

there are 54 PG-1 FP spots and 53 PG-1 IM spots? I thought there were only ~100 scholarships? (not including USUHS)
 
I am not quite sure how many total scholarships are given out annually, but I am pretty confident that 100 sounds too low. We have approximately 20 AF HPSP in my class alone at AZCOM... There are 50 AF USUHS grads each year. And I would venture to guess that most med schools (DO and MD) probably have at least 1-5 scholarship recipients.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the amount of scholarships available probably fluctuates annually. This fluctuation would in part be due to projected losses that the AF is expecting in the Medical Corps. I hope that my rambling may have at least approached a coherent answer.

Cyndi