Can someone explain to me what SMP's there are?

Started by VicsTown
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VicsTown

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so although I know a SMP is a special masters program I am not really sure WHAT that is....
What schools can I go to for that? I am currently at Rutgers in NJ, does anyone know if RU has a SMP?
 
As far as i know, RU doesn't have one, however, RWJ does. Its not too far from RU either.. new jersey tiny
 
An SMP is a way to shore up your GPA with rigorous coursework. It's for borderline candidates who need something to push them over the hump. A lot of medical schools will weigh an SMP almost as heavily as your undergrad GPA. Some SMPs can also lead to a guaranteed interview at the affiliated medical school provided some requirements are met (eg 3.6 in the SMP, 30 on the MCAT).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad