• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

VicsTown

Jan 10, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Okay so although I know a SMP is a special masters program I am not really sure WHAT that is....
What schools can I go to for that? I am currently at Rutgers in NJ, does anyone know if RU has a SMP?

Hemorrage

Ambrose
7+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
As far as i know, RU doesn't have one, however, RWJ does. Its not too far from RU either.. new jersey tiny

notbobtrustme

Crux Terminatus
Removed
Jun 28, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
An SMP is a way to shore up your GPA with rigorous coursework. It's for borderline candidates who need something to push them over the hump. A lot of medical schools will weigh an SMP almost as heavily as your undergrad GPA. Some SMPs can also lead to a guaranteed interview at the affiliated medical school provided some requirements are met (eg 3.6 in the SMP, 30 on the MCAT).

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.