can someone get a full copy of this article?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like Plagenhoef might actually have some cojones

"Our top priority – morally, ethically and professionally – is patient safety and quality of care. And until there is convincing logic, intuitiveness and real science saying otherwise, we are standing confidently on our position that our tremendously lengthier and more in-depth medical education and training make a difference in quality of care and patient safety. If standing for the maintenance of the physician-led anesthesia care team destroys any collegiality and friendship among nurse anesthetists and physician anesthesiologists working together, the warm and fuzzy feelings believed to be present in some anesthesiology departments may be nothing more than an insincere veil of superficial harmony making those naïve to these realities somehow happier in the workplace."

Nice article. I was also trying to access the full article it a few weeks ago but couldn't

Looks like Plagenhoef might actually have some cojones

I thought you were joking implying that the author plagiarized his manuscipt, but no. That is his name.

Maybe some ancestor of his plagiarized something long time ago.

This article should continue to be part of the front page of the ASA campaign, pretty bold words there.

Met him at a recent ASA meeting where he gave a talk. He is exactly what we need, he's as done with playing nice as we all are, or should be. He's completely unafraid of taking an aggressive course/tact and is unapologetic for his thoughts. He called it "confrontational leadership" iirc.

We absolutely need someone up high to be our voice with this B.S. VA proposal and the status quo of dumbing down of medicine that is so in vogue currently.

Met him at a recent ASA meeting where he gave a talk. He is exactly what we need, he's as done with playing nice as we all are, or should be. He's completely unafraid of taking an aggressive course/tact and is unapologetic for his thoughts. He called it "confrontational leadership" iirc.

We absolutely need someone up high to be our voice with this B.S. VA proposal and the status quo of dumbing down of medicine that is so in vogue currently.

He came and talked to our department as well, was very impressed with his leadership and direction and passion. I think he'll be good for the field.

This is a great article - this guy gives me hope (as he is ASA president elect) that there's some hope that the ASA may at some point represent our collective interests.

Better late than never.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

A great pro physician article and the asa blocks it behind a login. Genius.

Reactions: 2 users
Had lunch with him when he visited our residency programlast month. GREAT guy! Very passionate.