can someone help me decide...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amanda5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need some advice.... i am currently a junior in college and planning on going to dental school... but my grade aren't too good, so i am planning on either to take more upper science classes and go to a smp or just forget about going to dental school and move on...

here is my grades
Bio I- C-
Bio II C
Organic I - C+
Organic II B-
Gen chem I C+
Gen chem II C+
Physic I C+
Physic II A
Biochem B-
Genentic A
Microbio A

Members don't see this ad.

Whether to put your hat in the ring for dental school or not is only your decision. You must come there on your own. There is no reason for you to feel rushed into going straight from undergrad. Many benefit from working for a few years. It helps to clarify goals.

With respect to courses, have you considered retaking the ones that you received C's in? My guess is that you could bump them on to your current schedule fairly easily, since you've already been through them and probably won't have to redo lab, if you take them at the same school. In other words, take 6 classes rather than 5 and use your summers wisely. I bet you could bang out bio during the summer. All in all, it might mean that you have a few heavy semesters, have to take summer sessions, and wait at least a year to apply. How is your overall GPA?

Good luck.