can someone help me with my school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsfreak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I am deciding on my school list and i was wondering if people can give input/advice

I am a PA resident. sGPA is 3.7, cGPA is 3.7,
MCAT
VR-11
BS-11
PS-12
WS-O

I feel pretty good about my recommendations, but my extracurricular activities are lacking a little bit

my school list so far is:

Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine
Temple University School of Medicine
Drexel University School of Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson Medical College
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
University of Vermont College of Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of Virginia School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
New York Medical College

Harvard

any advice? do i have too many top med schools? any schools I should add?

Members don't see this ad.

Feeling pretty good about your letters means different things to different people. Same thing goes with your EC comment.

Are you restricting yourself to the northeast for some reason?

You might want to look at the UMDNJ schools, NYU, U pitt...cornell columbia and hopkins if you want to reach for the stars.

Good luck.

Feeling pretty good about your letters means different things to different people. Same thing goes with your EC comment.

Are you restricting yourself to the northeast for some reason?

You might want to look at the UMDNJ schools, NYU, U pitt...cornell columbia and hopkins if you want to reach for the stars.

Good luck.

is 3.7/34 enough for NYU, UPitt, Cornell, Columbia, Hopkins? :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't really know how to explain my recs since i have not seen them, my gut feeling is that they are pretty good...

ECs-1.5 year of reasearch but stopped working in a lab a while ago, bunch of tutoring hours, volunteer at post-op recovery room

is 3.7/34 enough for NYU, UPitt, Cornell, Columbia, Hopkins? :scared::scared::scared::scared:

No - not because of numbers, but because your ECs are below average. They won't like the idea that you spent 1.5 years in a lab and have nothing to show for it (primarily meaning publications).

[/SIZE].
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
[/SIZE].

I don't think you should apply to these schools - you have almost no shot. If you had to pick one of the 4, I'd pick Sinai.

All your other schools are fine. Good luck!

I don't think you should apply to these schools - you have almost no shot. If you had to pick one of the 4, I'd pick Sinai.

All your other schools are fine. Good luck!
The most idiotic and socially incompetent person I know got accepted to Boston U SOM, so I don't think it is that far off for the OP. Heck, they accepted a murderer last year.

Anyway, odds of getting into any dream school are slim (for anyone), but you never know.

The most idiotic and socially incompetent person I know got accepted to Boston U SOM, so I don't think it is that far off for the OP. Heck, they accepted a murderer last year.

So, then I'm right, am I not? Cuz OP doesn't sound like an idiotic or socially incompetent person, nor a murderer.

lol :laugh: