Can someone please explain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shroomhead

shroomhead
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone or current USN students explain to me the Academic Forgiveness Policy. (AFP) For ex: If I am applying Fall 2008, grades before 2003 will not be calculated in my GPA. But what if some of my prereqs were completed in 2001. Will I qualify for AFP? I know this is a straight forward answer, but I am lost once again=(

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone or current USN students explain to me the Academic Forgiveness Policy. (AFP) For ex: If I am applying Fall 2008, grades before 2003 will not be calculated in my GPA. But what if some of my prereqs were completed in 2001. Will I qualify for AFP? I know this is a straight forward answer, but I am lost once again=(

If I remember correctly from their website, if you choose to use their academic forgiveness policy, all pre-requisites must be completed within the five year time frame. You can still qualify for AFP, but you would have to retake the pre-requisite(s) taken in 2001.

If I remember correctly from their website, if you choose to use their academic forgiveness policy, all pre-requisites must be completed within the five year time frame. You can still qualify for AFP, but you would have to retake the pre-requisite(s) taken in 2001.

This is what I remember as well.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is correct. I took AF from USN (and did get in). Yes any pre-reqs over the 5years, must be retaken.

Good Luck

This is correct. I took AF from USN (and did get in). Yes any pre-reqs over the 5years, must be retaken.

Good Luck

would you mind telling me your pre- and post-AFP GPA's? (both science only and cumulative) - i am getting so worried about getting in a school =/ and i would really like to go to USN, but i know USN is getting so hard to get in >:

thank you