can someone please give me some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perrine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just took DAT (1st time) today :
AA:20
PAT: 19 QR:18 (I never got these low scores when I did practice tests!! :()
RC:16 (have no idea how to improve T_T)
TS:22 GC:21 Bio:20 OC: 24
GPA: 4.0 (science), 3.98(non-science)......(have not yet received a bachelor degree).

I absolutely need to retake the DAT but I am running out of time for this year cycle.

Can some one please give me some advice about schools I should apply (should I apply to new schools like MOSDOH, UNE, UoUtah ) ?

Do I still have a chance for this year cycle (waiting list?) if I summit my application now (for schools: Mercy, UMDNJ, Buffalo, CASE, Temple)?

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciate!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You probably don't need to retake.

be aware of RC cutoff for some dental schools. Is english your 1st language?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish English was my 1st language, but it is not ...T_T...

Submit now and no need to retake it yet.

Thank guys, but do my stats look ok for applying to those schools???

look at my stats below. I have 4 interviews already. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY TO ROSEMAN because they have a cutoff of 17 on every section of the DAT. My app was put on HOLD because of that issue so basically rejection for me. I have interviews at NOVA, Minnesota, UNE, and LECOM. You have a better TS score than me and you would get more interviews. Being realistic with my scores I applied to 50 schools. YES 50 schools including all 3 texas schools.

I have been officially rejected by Indiana, interview deferral by Iowa, and Buffalo sent me a continuing email stating that they have initially reviewed my file and haven't made a decision yet. Roseman told me to re-take it so I'm not gonna do that. I spent 4k on applications this cycle which would increase my chances rather than repeating another cycle where an average applicant would only apply ~25 schools. It all adds up to be ~4k if I applied to 2 cycles anyway.

Choices of schools: yes apply to UNE, MOSDOH, and Utah. New schools awaiting accreditation are good to sign up for.

the more private schools you apply the better (my opinion)

look at my stats below. I have 4 interviews already. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY TO ROSEMAN because they have a cutoff of 17 on every section of the DAT. My app was put on HOLD because of that issue so basically rejection for me. I have interviews at NOVA, Minnesota, UNE, and LECOM. You have a better TS score than me and you would get more interviews. Being realistic with my scores I applied to 50 schools. YES 50 schools including all 3 texas schools.

OMG, WTF? 50? That's 4 grand out of your pocket. And hypothetically if you got invite from half of them, you're gonna have to travel. With average $500 each trip, that's 12.5 grand, dude!

OMG, WTF? 50? That's 4 grand out of your pocket. And hypothetically if you got invite from half of them, you're gonna have to travel. With average $500 each trip, that's 12.5 grand, dude!
Ya, I think that might've not been a good idea just cuz not all of the schools are OOS friendly depending on what state you are from especially Texas, but good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll get into a school. You have good stats!

Also, to the OP, your stats are great! I don't think you need to retake your DAT, but just make sure you apply to schools who don't have a 16 RC cut-off. If you haven't submitted your app, I recommend applying to ~17-20 schools since the application cycle is late.

LOL I knew I was getting that reaction! true true. I spent 500 avg booking flight and hotel. I book flights on Tuesdays/Wednesday since they are always cheaper. I am fortunate enough to have my dad and uncle to pay for my application fees and flights.