Can someone please help with submission timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narutoverse13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So I recently took my MCAT, and am waiting for my score back, and I thought to apply to DO as well. However, I know nothing really about the application process as far as deadlines, when the best time to submit would be, etc, and I haven't found any concrete, detailed timelines yet of like when is considered "early" or "late". Can someone please write the details below? Thank you so much for your help! And good luck to everyone who is applying this cycle!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone!

So I recently took my MCAT, and am waiting for my score back, and I thought to apply to DO as well. However, I know nothing really about the application process as far as deadlines, when the best time to submit would be, etc, and I haven't found any concrete, detailed timelines yet of like when is considered "early" or "late". Can someone please write the details below? Thank you so much for your help! And good luck to everyone who is applying this cycle!!

App cycle opens in early May. I think May 4th roughly. The schools starts taking apps the 2nd week of June I think.

I was "complete" in September of last year and viewed this as late. But deadlines usually start in Feb and run till March. It's school dependent.

Classes start filling up in late fall.

So, long story short, apply now.

Assuming you tested on the most recent MCAT date (05/19), you will get your score back no later than 06/20. If I were you, I would plan on hitting "submit" in AACOMAS on that day (assuming you receive a decent MCAT score.)

The longer you wait, the less likely you are to receive an invitation to interview at schools. Why decrease your odds of an acceptance to any smaller a number than they already are? Apply as soon as you can. June would be considered "on time/early(ish)" depending on who you ask.

Don't wait until fall.. Even if you have a killer application with great stats, there is literally no point in waiting. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to be accepted. It's not worth the risk.

Members don't see this ad :)
The DO cycle is longer than MD even apps sent in by T-giving will be OK.

By Jan, though, you night be looking at interviewing for a spot on the waitlist.

App cycle opens in early May. I think May 4th roughly. The schools starts taking apps the 2nd week of June I think.

I was "complete" in September of last year and viewed this as late. But deadlines usually start in Feb and run till March. It's school dependent.

Classes start filling up in late fall.

So, long story short, apply now.

Apply as early as you can. You can submit your app before you get your MCAT score.