Can someone please take a look at my DO school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

magician7772222

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm making a list of DO schools for the upcoming cycle, can someone please critique this list based on the schools themselves (redflags, P/F ect) specifically any schools that should be avoided, or any schools in the general south east/ east coast area that should be added?

I'm a FL resident

Florida:
Burrell COM weird in state percentage
LECOM Bradenton
NSU-KPCOM horrible reputation
Out of State:
PCOM – Georgia
PCOM – South Georgia
VCOM - South Carolina
CUSOM – North Carolina
ACOM – Alabama
WCUCOM – Mississippi
WVSOM – West Virginia
LUCOM – Virginia
KYCOM – Kentucky
DMUCOM – Iowa
ATSU-KCOM – Missouri
KCU-COM – Missouri
RVUCOM - Colorado
UNE COM – Maine
 
I'm making a list of DO schools for the upcoming cycle, can someone please critique this list based on the schools themselves (redflags, P/F ect) specifically any schools that should be avoided, or any schools in the general south east/ east coast area that should be added?

I'm a FL resident

Florida:
LECOM Bradenton
NSU-KPCOM horrible reputation
Out of State:
PCOM – Georgia
PCOM – South Georgia
VCOM - South Carolina
CUSOM – North Carolina
ACOM – Alabama
WCUCOM – Mississippi
WVSOM – West Virginia
KYCOM – Kentucky
DMUCOM – Iowa
ATSU-KCOM – Missouri
KCU-COM – Missouri
UNE COM – Maine

I took out the ones I cannot recommend, but also keep in mind that UNECOM mainly takes people from people in the Northeast

Considerating all vcoms, except for Louisiana. Also consider nyitcom.arkansas
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm making a list of DO schools for the upcoming cycle, can someone please critique this list based on the schools themselves (redflags, P/F ect) specifically any schools that should be avoided, or any schools in the general south east/ east coast area that should be added?

I'm a FL resident

Florida:
Burrell COM weird in state percentage
LECOM Bradenton
NSU-KPCOM horrible reputation
Out of State:
PCOM – Georgia
PCOM – South Georgia
VCOM - South Carolina
CUSOM – North Carolina
ACOM – Alabama
WCUCOM – Mississippi
WVSOM – West Virginia
LUCOM – Virginia
KYCOM – Kentucky
DMUCOM – Iowa
ATSU-KCOM – Missouri
KCU-COM – Missouri
RVUCOM - Colorado
UNE COM – Maine

I dont even think BCOM (Melbourne) is open yet. Im from that area. I would steer clear of schools that havent graduated a class unless they are your only option.