Can Someone Proof My PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldunk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola,

I was just wondering could anyone please proof read my personal statement?
And is it really detrimental to apply to many schools other than the inherent financial waste?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I can proof it for you, just PM it over. As far as whether it's detrimental, that's a bit up in the air. Most people (and I mean people on this board, not adcoms) will say that it looks bad because the schools are going to think you don't care about going to their school. I have never heard this from a school and even had one school tell me it's stupid not to apply to as many schools as you can. With the competition to get in being what it is, which self-respecting school is going to blame you for making sure you don't have to waste a year reapplying? Even if it comes up during interviews, you can easily explain that you have schools you would prefer to attend but that you're not willing to spend (read: waste) that extra year reapplying when you could have gotten in by applying to more schools. In the end, it's in your best interest to apply to as many schools as you can afford to and need to based on your stats. Don't apply to 35 schools if you have a 3.8 gpa and 23 DAT... shoot for more like 10. Conversely, if you have a 3.2 and a 19 DAT, don't kill your chances by applying to 10... instead, don't hesitate to apply to more than 20.