Can someone tell me how the DAT testing changed after COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Let'sgoDent

Reaction score
I heard that they give you scratch paper instead of the laminated paper... is this true?
Are there any other changes that I should be aware about?

Members don't see this ad.

They were also only seating people in every other seat when I took it this past september. Made me hand sanitize when coming in and out of room (test room) + temp checks. I honestly prefer the paper scratch work to the laminated and wet erase.

They were also only seating people in every other seat when I took it this past september. Made me hand sanitize when coming in and out of room (test room) + temp checks. I honestly prefer the paper scratch work to the laminated and wet erase.
Sheesh, my room was packed when i took it in June hahaha. They did however make us wear masks the entire time (didn't realize how horrible it was up until the halfway point).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah forgot about mask change. I was supposed to take it this past spring but they cancelled my test and sent it to September which was fun since I had already applied before I took the DAT the first time. The test people seemed to think the worst of the changes were over by the time I took it, but who knows.

Yeah forgot about mask change. I was supposed to take it this past spring but they cancelled my test and sent it to September which was fun since I had already applied before I took the DAT the first time. The test people seemed to think the worst of the changes were over by the time I took it, but who knows.
Sheesh, my room was packed when i took it in June hahaha. They did however make us wear masks the entire time (didn't realize how horrible it was up until the halfway point).
Thanks both of you for the reply! And yeah I'm even practicing taking the whole test with my mask on lol... I'm so air headed by the time I get to RC.
I hope both of you guys did great on your exams!

Reactions: 1 user