Can u interpret this score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janjanbureh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys i need an interpretation of this score.
Verbal 377
Biology 372
Reading comprehension 375
Quantitative 377
Chemistry 363
Composite 373

Your urgent help will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I cant believe my percentage, er they right...pls i need a help
can u interpret these scores for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not many schools will accept these scores, so keep practicing. How's "dat"?

Verbal 377
Biology 372
Quantitative 377
Chemistry 363
Composite 373

Okay...... here goes. To be perfectly blunt, these scores suck. When these three-digit scores are placed with your percentile marks, and you end up with a composite of 8, that's really, really bad. Where others all over this forum have been saying they made a 95 or a 73 or an 84 on the PCAT, you got an 8. Some schools will have minimum scores, but there are also schools that don't require the PCAT; you might want to look at those.

Now then- I believe this is the first time you've taken this test. Clearly you're an intelligent being, but if I remember correctly, English isn't your first language. That might be the biggest problem you encountered here; it's highly possible that your scores are so low simply because you didn't understand the instructions or you couldn't understand what the word problems were asking for. This is actually good news, because it's fairly easy to get help wth your English comprehension level.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you're able to get help with your English comprehension. ;-)

Thanks for that honest elaboration..however, this is my first time taking PCAT and i did not even spend an hour studying for it. I took it as an experimental test not to apply for schools. Infact, i heard a lot rumours and speculations about the entire test, so to satisfy my curious mind i decided to have a bitter taste of it. I appreciate ur detail opinion on it, but be rest assure that this is not in anyway measurement of my academic standards.

Wow, I didnt know it was even possible to score so low... You actually defied the law of probability, AHAHHAHAHAHAH....

You could have chosen the same letter for every single choice and still scored higher than that, a monkey could have beat you... Thanks for raising my score AHHAHAHAHAH, idiot.

Thanks for that honest elaboration..however, this is my first time taking PCAT and i did not even spend an hour studying for it. I took it as an experimental test not to apply for schools. Infact, i heard a lot rumours and speculations about the entire test, so to satisfy my curious mind i decided to have a bitter taste of it. I appreciate ur detail opinion on it, but be rest assure that this is not in anyway measurement of my academic standards.

I believe you. Good luck. ;-)

Wow, I didnt know it was even possible to score so low... You actually defied the law of probability, AHAHHAHAHAHAH....

You could have chosen the same letter for every single choice and still scored higher than that, a monkey could have beat you... Thanks for raising my score AHHAHAHAHAH, idiot.

It is not necessary to riducule another member of SDN.

Percentiles are just that - percentiles. For every person who scores at the 95th percentile, there is someone who scores at the 5th percentile.

His test scores had no bearing on you score, at all.

Please refrain from ridicule in the future.

Thanks.

Hi thanks for that....i had cooked these numbers to see the reactions of the members here. I was told that some members in this site are only here for smearing and tearing other members. C'mon felllows we all ablsolutely know the fact that we are here to build support from each others but not to castigate or show ur so called academic superiority. I definately achieved my survey of measuring members manners and maturity, and quite unfortunately i was able to see the world of certain individuals in this site. A world full of self pride and superiority over others, characrterised by wrongful judgement and immaturity.
Remember anytime ur fellow members log here for help, do not use ur so called PRIDE to belittle them, it is unacademic and out of the fundamental ethics of Pharmacy.

Second year Pharm.
ETSU

How far have you gotten in your studies? If you took this PCAT after you took your prerequisites like organic chem, biology and general chemistry, then you have some serious issues that you need to address. But if you're a freshman who just started out, then you have some time. Take the test again when you are fully prepared.

I do, however, wonder about your verbal, reading comprehension, and math scores since those skills have been developed throughout your life and less through courses. Did you run out of time on those sections?

You need an 80th percentile composite PCAT to be competitive for PCAT-taking schools as most schools' entering classes have an average somewhere between 75-85. You need at least a 70 to have any realistic shot for most pharmacy schools. Though people have reported acceptances with less than 70, getting in with a sub-70 score is rare and tough regardless.

Unit18,

Stop calling people an idiot or *****. How immature are you? Let me guess, you're just out of high school and a Freshman in college? You sure act like you don't care about other people by what you write about them in the forums. I sure hope you don't become a pharmacist because you're going to run into those who aren't too bright, but who will come to you for advice and assistance anyway, which is when you'll treat them poorly. So become a better person, it's all within your grasp.

I tried to send you this as a private message, but you've turned that function off. I wonder why.

Hi thanks for that....i had cooked these numbers to see the reactions of the members here. I was told that some members in this site are only here for smearing and tearing other members. C'mon felllows we all ablsolutely know the fact that we are here to build support from each others but not to castigate or show ur so called academic superiority. I definately achieved my survey of measuring members manners and maturity, and quite unfortunately i was able to see the world of certain individuals in this site. A world full of self pride and superiority over others, characrterised by wrongful judgement and immaturity.
Remember anytime ur fellow members log here for help, do not use ur so called PRIDE to belittle them, it is unacademic and out of the fundamental ethics of Pharmacy.

Second year Pharm.
ETSU

There is no 2nd year pharm at ETSU
first class started this year

Verbal 377
Biology 372
Quantitative 377
Chemistry 363
Composite 373

yeah aren't there 600 pts possible in each section. did you study at all or have you taken any prereq classes for this? because these are really sub-par

and quite unfortunately i was able to see the world of certain individuals in this site. A world full of self pride and superiority over others, characrterised by wrongful judgement and immaturity.

You, sir, are a character. I look forward to your next lesson.

Second year Pharm.
ETSU

Ok is it just me or does this whole thread seem reasonably pointless. I mean are you trying to shame the people that bash others when they post scores in the 5 percentile. Because, you will probably never reach those people. Or is this some sort of test that the users of this website are unconsiously taking? If so Im guessing we failed miserably, with that being said are you going to punish everyone for the one guy that said, " you have defied the laws of probablity." I mean c'mon I don't bash people, I dont think its right. However, it does seem like a tremendous waste of time that will have no effect on the jerk that was rude. But, hey if you think you changed him Im very happy that you feel that way. But, on the other hand I think you need to get a little more in touch with reality, and the other guy needs to grow up.

That is partly true, however someone who posts a score of 8 percentile is ridiculous. To score that low you must know you are not going to do well. Maybe you dont know the material well, maybe you dont take standardized tests well.

Regardless, a serious applicant will not score 8 percent, and the fact that you have to lie to people you dont even know to make yourself feel better, that is another story all in itself.

Sure what Unit18 said was mean, but it is the truth, and If you want to be a pharmacist and you cant handle the truth, maybe you should consider another career!