SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

can we go for 2 year advance standing program with h1b visa ?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dr ali, May 2, 2007.

  1. dr ali

    dr ali 5+ Year Member

    Dec 27, 2006
    hi every body
    does anybody know if we can study for 2 years advance standing program with h1b visa and not to change to f1(student visa)? pls let me know.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dds_aspirant

    dds_aspirant 2+ Year Member

    Apr 15, 2006
    H1 is a temporary work visa. For being a student you will have to go on F1.
    So I dont think studying on h1b is possible. Also on H1 you cannot be a full time student, you can only be student at large. So I think H1-B will not work.

  4. s m i l e 2007

    s m i l e 2007 2+ Year Member

    Mar 5, 2007
    I am on H4.I have to apply this yyear how can one change to F1 is that possible after getting admission ?please reply.
  5. nondentist

    nondentist Member 7+ Year Member

    Jan 22, 2004
    H1B is intended mainly for work, but you can work part time. If you work part time you are allowed to study part time. While you are working you are not supposed to earn in any form from anyone except from the employer who sponsored your H1B. But you cannot study full time on H1b. The simple logic is how can study full time and work full time? This is violation of H1B rules.
    If you are on H4, you can study full time. But you cannot earn money by doing part time or full time jobs and you are not eligible for any tuition fee waiver ship etc.

  6. ria rao

    ria rao 2+ Year Member

    Mar 22, 2007
    hey is it possible to convert from h1 to student visa after reachin there
  7. nondentist

    nondentist Member 7+ Year Member

    Jan 22, 2004
    Yes, you can change your status from H1b to F1 within USA.

Share This Page