1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

can we go for 2 year advance standing program with h1b visa ?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dr ali, May 2, 2007.

1. dr ali

Pre-Dental
    hi every body
    does anybody know if we can study for 2 years advance standing program with h1b visa and not to change to f1(student visa)? pls let me know.

#1 dr ali, May 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dds_aspirant

Dental Student
    H1 is a temporary work visa. For being a student you will have to go on F1.
    So I dont think studying on h1b is possible. Also on H1 you cannot be a full time student, you can only be student at large. So I think H1-B will not work.

4. s m i l e 2007

I am on H4.I have to apply this yyear how can one change to F1 is that possible after getting admission ?please reply.
    thanks

5. nondentist

nondentist Member

H1B is intended mainly for work, but you can work part time. If you work part time you are allowed to study part time. While you are working you are not supposed to earn in any form from anyone except from the employer who sponsored your H1B. But you cannot study full time on H1b. The simple logic is how can study full time and work full time? This is violation of H1B rules.
    If you are on H4, you can study full time. But you cannot earn money by doing part time or full time jobs and you are not eligible for any tuition fee waiver ship etc.

6. ria rao

Dental Student
    hey is it possible to convert from h1 to student visa after reachin there

7. nondentist

nondentist Member

Yes, you can change your status from H1b to F1 within USA.