Can you do research easily with a DDS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FridaK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not pre-dental yet, but looking into it. Is it possible to get involved with research maybe 1-2 days a week while practice the rest of the week without getting a PhD? I worked for a DDS/PhD some years ago and he researched full time, which is not something I'd be interested in.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not pre-dental yet, but looking into it. Is it possible to get involved with research maybe 1-2 days a week while practice the rest of the week without getting a PhD? I worked for a DDS/PhD some years ago and he researched full time, which is not something I'd be interested in.
Absolutely possible, but you would have to be in very close proximity to a dental school to do this. Academia is not a career in which you can easily choose where you want to live. You'll pretty much move to wherever there is a position available.

But yes, it is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Absolutely possible, but you would have to be in very close proximity to a dental school to do this. Academia is not a career in which you can easily choose where you want to live. You'll pretty much move to wherever there is a position available.

But yes, it is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks!