Medical Can you get application feedback post-acceptance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's my understanding that some med schools provide app/interview feedback for students who are rejected during the admissions cycle, if asked by those students. My question is if some med schools provide app/interview feedback for students who get accepted. I'm not a natural writer or speaker, so I'd like to get feedback to prepare for future apps/interviews, whether they be for residency programs or jobs. I'm fortunate enough to have gotten acceptance offers at some schools, and I'd like to ask them for feedback. Would this be considered strange? If not, when would be the best time to ask for this feedback? Thank you!
I guess you COULD...but I think it may be a little strange. You will have many opportunities and a lot of time between medical school acceptance and residency interviews. You can do courses, practice, etc in those four years if you want.

OR maybe after you have multiple acceptances ask for feedback at places you got accepted at that you DON'T want to go, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

The best time to ask would be at the end of the cycle when you matriculate. If you explain in that manner perhaps it would be fine but would agree above that it'd be strange. Dont worry, many schools have resources regarding how to perform during residency interviews and your manner and behavior will be meticulously deciphered and critiqued as you prepare for your standardized patient encounters, you'll get all the attention.

It would be considered strange at my school.

Getting onto radar in a bad way so not a good way to start your medical career.

You got an acceptance, what further feedback would you need anyway?

We do solicit that from our acceptances in the same random pool as our rejections on the process. As a policy, the admissions office will not explain acceptances or rejections unless they are objective like failing to meet the GPA bar or there was not a LOR submitted that result in an automatic form rejection or an acceptance through a specific policy (rural or MSTP) to explain the contractual details. There's some processes we've changed over my tenure (we no longer conduct interviews in faculty offices and not one-on-one) due to feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.