Can you help me help my friend decide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSF

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
O.K. A friend of mine now finds himself with the dream choice of Harvard, Stanford, or Johns Hopkins. He just got the good news from the big H.

He's a really nice and humble guy, so I can tell this is a genuinely hard decision for him. I was hoping some of you could share some opinions. Obviously all three schools are phenomenal, but they're certainly very different from each other.

Thanks for your thoughts. I tried to post a poll as well but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming your friend is who I know he is, I would say Stanford :)

Reasons: your friend loves hippies...he will be closer to hippies at Stanford :)

Are there any hippies in Boston or Baltimore? not sure....wherever there are hippies, we shall send your friend to...

PS. Joke people..I know the guy...so relax :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Scooby how do you know this guy in real life. i'm always amazed at how some of you guys on SDN (specially you Scoobs) seem to know so many others personally. just judging from the schools this guy's been accepted at you already know who he is? jeebuz crispe

Caveman,

Most of the people I know on here I have met on here and met up with them at interviews or let them stay at my place if they were interviewing on the West Coast. :)

This guy happens to be one of those guys :wink:

OK Scooby... so you're on to me and my friend
Our secret, OK? :wink:

But seriously, does anyone else have any input to offer. Obviously different schools fit better with different personalities, but I think this person would thrive under any curriculum and any grading system (or lack thereof). Nevertheless, I'm sure he'd also welcome any thoughts on the curriculum, etc. considerations in addition to factors like location. Personal experience stories would be great too.

Just as Boomboom mentioned in his own Harv./JHU post, this is a decision my friend would like help with for purely sincere reasons and not just for the chance to tell people about his options.

THANKS! Belated Happy Easter to everyone.