Can You Improve Much W/ 1 Month To Go Before The Mcat!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ANY OPINIONS

Members don't see this ad.

well, i know there were just 2 threads about this w/in the last couple of days, but for the record, yes you can if you study your a$$ off.

Make sure you take a practice test (from Kaplan, Princeton review, Berkeley prep, AMCAS, anything you find..) at least 4 times a week for a month and you'll definitely improve. Also, go over your answers and review the material if you can't remember stuff as you go along.

Your ability to feel comfortable and less stressed with the material and the test is key for a great score. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you can! I started freaking out about a month before I took the test... I wasn't getting the scores (or the improvement in scores) that I needed and started thinking about taking the august test. I did two things that helped me calm down a lot - and eventually make the progress i needed to.

1) I had a full-time job - and it was exhausting to study at night after working all day. (I do my best studying during the day and when I could sit down after a good night's sleep and focus for a large chunk of time.) So I bit the bullet, decided that good mcats were more important than a florida vacation - and informed my boss that I planned to take Wednesdays off from then until the MCATS. It was GREAT! If you're in a similar position, i highly recommend it.

2) I realized that my anxiety was getting me nowhere (but more anxious) and that i could STILL take the MCAT in August if i bombed the april test. But if I skipped the april test (for which i'd invested a lot of time and energy and missed work!), i would HAVE TO take the August test while working on my applications. Yuk. This way - if i actually managed to get a decent score in april, i'd be in the best position overall.

yeah of course.

you can improve 2 days before the test even.

what else would you do...not study at all?

1 month is a lot of time! I didn't really start studying for the mcat until about 3-4 weeks before and improved dramatically in that time. As long as you did well in pre-reqs and remember the important material you don't need to do much more than a "once over" review of the material. Then focus on practice tests. Good luck.

Originally posted by J33
Then focus on practice tests. Good luck.

I agree. Focus both on understanding the types of questions and your speed. After all you can't get a great score if you don't finish the entire test in the time allotted. If you can take the test under actual conditions a few times it will help a lot.

Originally posted by J33
1 month is a lot of time! I didn't really start studying for the mcat until about 3-4 weeks before and improved dramatically in that time. As long as you did well in pre-reqs and remember the important material you don't need to do much more than a "once over" review of the material. Then focus on practice tests. Good luck.

I second this, I studies sporadically untill two weeks before the MCAT. (Had an internship presentation and paper to do the first week of August, test was on August 16.) I know I learns a ton in those two weeks.

At this point, you should know most of the material. You've had the classes. If you have to review. I did some basic review to resurrect some lost knowledge. And then I did some practice exams, they were timed and proctored by a friend.

I only put a month into studying. I didn't study everyday. Just a few days per week, couple of hours at a time. I then did practice exams on Saturdays.

That's it. Just get into the routine of it. It's not that bad. You'll be surprised.

DEFINITELY. do aamc 4-6. even if you have to do 1-3, it would be a good practice. good luck.

Keep doing the tests day and night. Your intense labor will pay off. Hang in there guys. More power to you! Good Luck to eveyone. :clap: :clap: