Can you move on if you finish any of the sections early on the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deemdee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer anywhere in the forums. Is it possible to move on to the next section if you still have time left on the clock? For example, would i be able to PAT if I still have 10 min of science left? I know the time you have won't be transferred over to the next section but I want to know if we can move on?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you!

Has any1 ever taken the DAT just to improve their score on one specific section of the DAT and just skipped over other sections?

Thank you!

Has any1 ever taken the DAT just to improve their score on one specific section of the DAT and just skipped over other sections?

That is a really bad idea. Dental schools look at all of your scores if you retook the DAT, not the highest of each section. It is not advisable to skip over any section. Treat retakes like you would treat a first-time test.

That is a really bad idea. Dental schools look at all of your scores if you retook the DAT, not the highest of each section. It is not advisable to skip over any section. Treat retakes like you would treat a first-time test.

What if a dental school has specifically told you that they are satisfied with all of your scores except a specific section, and they just want to see if you are able to improve that specific section? Has this ever happened to any1?