Can you submit AMCAS with summer/spring grades predicted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D4RKV1P3R

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My AMCAS is ready to submit, my spring/summer semester is not over until June 23. I definitely know the grades I am going to be getting. Can I just put those grades for the classes and submit my AMCAS today, then in 2 weeks ill send an updated transcript when they ask me why the transcript I sent shows them as not complete yet?
Submit in progress

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you do that your application will be at the very least held and likely thrown back at you because it doesn’t match the transcript.
Harsh! :) I didn't respond because I didn't know the answer, but my question would be what happens if an updated transcript is received while OP is in the queue?

If the updated transcript would be accepted and supersede the transcript already submitted, then this would be a viable strategy to jump the line. If not, then I agree it is pointless, since it will never pass muster, although they might very well correct his submission rather than reject or hold it, depending on whether or not any other adjustments had to be made, since it would involve fewer than 10 corrections.

Just wait until your grades post. Follow the instructions and "enter your grades and courses exactly as they appear on the transcript." Don't assume that the AMCAS verifiers will play nice with you because their instructions are really clear that you cannot make predictions.

So better off applying end of june?
I think so. Get everything ready except the last grades for your Spring term, and when you see those officially on your college's grade portal, enter them in your application and submit.
Order your transcripts to be sent "when spring/summer 2022 grades are final". All registrar offices allow this instruction.
Then when AMCAS sees your application, they will see it as complete and can begin your verification, instead of holding your application for a second review when new transcripts arrive..

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for being the first person to actually see what I am trying to do here :), just don't know if it will play out that way
OP it seems that you are a reapplicant. If so, you need for everything to be done correctly this time around. So wait until you get your grades and enter them , request transcripts and submit. Good luck.

And here I am, and AMCAS says they are reviewing submissions that were sent on June 2nd so I could have submitted 20 days ago and sent in the new transcripts today which have been extremely safe and I would have been early :(
My serious advice is to avoid the SDN temptation to get sucked into the race to be "early." You are going to be early regardless of whether you are transmitted to schools on 6/24 or 7/24.

Really. Just look on any school specific thread and see all the folks who are amazed when applications completed later, and with lower stats, receive IIs ahead of higher stat people with earlier complete dates.

Of course, earlier is better than later, but it guarantees nothing, and this is where you find yourself because you wanted grades from classes not completed until 6/23 to be included in your application. You will be fine.

A lot goes into an II decision. Believe it or not, having a primary submitted on the first day of submissions is not one of them. In fact, depending on when they start reviewing applications, it might not matter at all. Very few, if any, schools stratify applications by completion date, so as long as you are complete before they start reviewing, you could still very well be in the first group reviewed.

At most schools, that does not begin until mid-July at the earliest, and at many schools really does not get going until August. To put your mind at ease, just look at the threads for the schools you are applying to, and see when IIs started going out last year. That will give you an indication of what you need to shoot for in terms of being complete early. And it will almost invariably be sometime in August, NOT the end of June! Good luck!!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
And here I am, and AMCAS says they are reviewing submissions that were sent on June 2nd so I could have submitted 20 days ago and sent in the new transcripts today which would be extremely safe :(
We aren’t psychic. Better safe than sorry. Again, YOU’RE STILL EARLY. If you don’t get an A this isn’t why!

Reactions: 1 users