Can you write things down between sections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marcus Brody

Already has the grail.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know we can write stuff down during the CBT tutorial before the exam, but what about during the three optional 10 minute breaks before the VR, WS, and BS? Are we allowed to keep the same scrap paper throughout the entire exam or is it handed out/collected before and after each section?

Members don't see this ad.

I know we can write stuff down during the CBT tutorial before the exam, but what about during the three optional 10 minute breaks before the VR, WS, and BS? Are we allowed to keep the same scrap paper throughout the entire exam or is it handed out/collected before and after each section?

at my testing center we were handed a stapled packet of blank paper and we were able to keep it throughout the whole test. no one ever mentioned anything about writing during breaks. I scribbled on my paper beween teh break between PS and VR so i could get the timing down so I knew my checkpoints for each passage. i dont think theres a rule about writing during breaks.

I was just given some paper and left alone more or less. Since everyone's break is likely at a different time, it would hard (and annoying) for the staff to jack your goods between sections.

Yeah. We were allowed to keep the same scratch paper throughout the whole test and write on it whenever. We were allowed to switch it out for a fresh booklet during a break if we wanted, which I did right before the writing sample, but it wasn't really necessary.