In terms of reputation, McGill is without a doubt the best medical school in Canada. There is not even a question of this. I am a US citizen and recently completed medical school in Canada. I am now at a very competitive residency program in the states. Unfortunately, not too many people know of U of T in the US and abroad (sorry Toronto folks who keep citing this "Macleans" magazine which I have never heard of). Internationally, McGill has an exceptional repuatation. It ranks among the top medical schools in N. America. I am guessing that someone will reply to this post and say that the "reputation" of McGill (especially outside of Canada) is not important and that McGill is just "riding on it's name." If this were true, McGill grads wouldn't be filling the finest residency slots in Canada and the U.S. There also wouldn't be a tremendous amount of new construction on the McGill campus, including the new genomics center.