Canadian admission after 3rd year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultimateend

fear is the mind killer.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was told today that Canadian med schools allow students who have completed their sophomore year in college to apply so that they would enter med school after their junior year. Can anyone else verify this? I was told that a friend of the family did this and left with no degree from college and skipped his senior year to start on his M.D., but I'm wondering if they are still allowing that.

Members don't see this ad.

yes i did it and now in second year of medical school. However u maty be unaware that high school is 5 years, in some provinces and they are phasing out the three year degree ( pseudo degree). The 5th yr of high shcool is like first year univiersity for u guys.

well it turns out that students in US schools can't apply until they are done with their 4-year degree - shoot, I was hoping my Canadian citizenship would do the trick.

High school in all provinces as far as I know is 4 years. They phased out the grade 13 (OAC) in Ontario last year.

I know that here in Alberta you can apply as a 2nd or 3rd year undergrad, but the pool is highly competitive. Most of the spots in the class are for people with degrees.

Treg
:)