Canadian Admissions Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piston

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just had a few questions about the admissions process in canada. After bein on this site for a while its easy to become an expert on the US process but Im still not too sure about the canadian one. I wanted to know how competitive these marks are for canadian universities. 18 AA 18 TS 19 PAT 29 Carving. Solid GPA. I was just curious because i wanted to know if a strong carving score can offset a lower AA.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I just had a few questions about the admissions process in canada. After bein on this site for a while its easy to become an expert on the US process but Im still not too sure about the canadian one. I wanted to know how competitive these marks are for canadian universities. 18 AA 18 TS 19 PAT 29 Carving. Solid GPA. I was just curious because i wanted to know if a strong carving score can offset a lower AA.

you have pretty decent stats, i got an interview at UWO for entering class 2007 with around 17/18 and an 11 on carving, rumour has it a lot of schools arent taking the carvng into account anymore, but yours definelty stands out!
if your gpa is higher than a 3.8 you have a very good shot

for us to give you any solid critique, you've gotta define what your "solid GPA" is. I thought I had a good shot with a 81% avg, higher DAT scores (other than carving) and had no interviews at the 5 Can D-schools I applied to.