1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Canadian Admissions Process

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Piston, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Piston

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey I just had a few questions about the admissions process in canada. After bein on this site for a while its easy to become an expert on the US process but Im still not too sure about the canadian one. I wanted to know how competitive these marks are for canadian universities. 18 AA 18 TS 19 PAT 29 Carving. Solid GPA. I was just curious because i wanted to know if a strong carving score can offset a lower AA.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pbrooks

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    you have pretty decent stats, i got an interview at UWO for entering class 2007 with around 17/18 and an 11 on carving, rumour has it a lot of schools arent taking the carvng into account anymore, but yours definelty stands out!
    if your gpa is higher than a 3.8 you have a very good shot

4. sloken

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    for us to give you any solid critique, you've gotta define what your "solid GPA" is. I thought I had a good shot with a 81% avg, higher DAT scores (other than carving) and had no interviews at the 5 Can D-schools I applied to.