1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Canadian Admissions Process

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Piston, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Piston

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey I just had a few questions about the admissions process in canada. After bein on this site for a while its easy to become an expert on the US process but Im still not too sure about the canadian one. I wanted to know how competitive these marks are for canadian universities. 18 AA 18 TS 19 PAT 29 Carving. Solid GPA. I was just curious because i wanted to know if a strong carving score can offset a lower AA.

2. pbrooks

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    you have pretty decent stats, i got an interview at UWO for entering class 2007 with around 17/18 and an 11 on carving, rumour has it a lot of schools arent taking the carvng into account anymore, but yours definelty stands out!
    if your gpa is higher than a 3.8 you have a very good shot

3. sloken

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    for us to give you any solid critique, you've gotta define what your "solid GPA" is. I thought I had a good shot with a 81% avg, higher DAT scores (other than carving) and had no interviews at the 5 Can D-schools I applied to.