Canadian AP boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gorlum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the Canadian AP boards? Please, share your experience. I'm taking the US AP/CP this June and have already applied for the Canadian AP in spring 2011. I'm wondering how different they are.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Gorlum,I will apear for the canadian general pathology exam 2012,we can share our information if you email me at;
[email protected]
thanks

Hi all

I am looking for some guidance to tackle the Canadian Royal College Exam in General Pathology. Can you share any advice or material? It would be greatly appreciated,pleasae e mail me at
[email protected]

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Gorlum,I will apear for the canadian general pathology exam 2012,we can share our information if you email me at;
[email protected]
thanks
I applied for 2011, but anatomical only. Why did you choose general path boards? From what I've heard it's somewhat inferior in comparison with anatomical ones. Also, I have no desire to review chemistry and micro again:). Sure, I will share all info I posses - my Canadian buddy is taking general path this May. He promised some remembrances, which will be much more useful for you than for me.
PS. Remember, you have to apply a year in advance! I did in March, and only now my PD got papers from the Royal College.

Why r u taking the Canadian Boards? Are u Canadians in training in the US and intend to go to Canada when finish? Just curious to know.

I am a US-trained pathologist moved to Canada. I will sit for the exam next week.!!! I hope I will pass.

I am registered for the AP only ( I am AP/CP US Board certified).

The exam is totally different from the US one. There are oral section, and written section. No multiple choice questions. Read the description of the exam on the Royal College web site.

The review materiasl are available with the residents in Canada. The Qs of previous years circulate between them and no material is available in the market.

The canadian exams are much different. There's alot more emphasis on 1st 10 chapters of robbins, and on long drawn out verbose answers. As previously mentioned there's no multiple choice. The AP and general path exams are different. I know of a number of people who were passed the US boards, and failed the canadian boards.

Why r u taking the Canadian Boards? Are u Canadians in training in the US and intend to go to Canada when finish? Just curious to know.
I'm an FMG who ended up in the US residency by sheer chance but never intended to settle in the US. I've acquired a Canadian PR and am moving to Canada after the fellowship.

The exam is totally different from the US one. There are oral section, and written section. No multiple choice questions. Read the description of the exam on the Royal College web site.
/QUOTE]
I read the official info on RC web site long ago and don't have any problems with oral test or "short essay" answers - my medschool had it all. I am curious if passing the American boards helps to succeed on the RC exam and hope to hear some opinions this June (as promised by a forum member). I have a Canadian friend, who has the entire collection of remembrances but he is GP, not AP.