toothbugger

Apr 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am a canadian applicant who did a Masters degree in research.
cGPA 3.36
sGPA 3.19
calculated myself according to the ada website. My school uses percentage (University of British Columbia)

I have not written the DAT yet. Plan to do so at the end of June or early July. I have publications, research experience, and some shadowing experience.

What are my chances at canadian friendly dental schools?

S

Sonny881994

Can't tell without a DAT score but your GPA is looking quite low to be honest. You better rock that DAT or you will be in a tough spot

phy241

Aug 8, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Apply to the right schools and you will definitely get in. People with sGPA lower than yours often get into NYU and Boston (with decent DAT scores). Also, you have PUBLICATIONS! That is huge, make sure you indicate that you wanna go on and be a clinician-scientist in your PS. In other words, play with your strengths, and you should be in. I would even apply to Penn and a few other big schools. With research and publications, doors can open for you my friend, good luck!:)

I am a canadian applicant who did a Masters degree in research.
cGPA 3.36
sGPA 3.19
calculated myself according to the ada website. My school uses percentage (University of British Columbia)

I have not written the DAT yet. Plan to do so at the end of June or early July. I have publications, research experience, and some shadowing experience.

What are my chances at canadian friendly dental schools?

toothbugger

Apr 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Thanks for the input.

I plan to write the DAT on June 29 or the first few days of July. Do you guys think that I would make it for the first round reviews? I plan on sending all other parts of my application sooner.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.