Canadian Applicant - Looking for Some Advice

Started by The Law
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The Law

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,

I'm a Canadian who is seriously considering applying to the US, but I know my MCAT is on the low-side. I'm not sure if I rewrote in July and got a better score (for August) - is that better than applying really early with my current score?

I believe my US GPA is around 3.83. My MCAT is 28S - 9P, 10V, 9B.

I understand that because of rolling admissions, the earlier you apply the better your chances are... but I don't know, is it better to just hold off until August (when I get my rewrite score) or apply now with those stats. Can you still interview/get in with such a late application? I have a tonne of good extracurricular activities and volunteering, but no real research experience (aside from volunteering in a lab).

Anyway, hopefully somebody can help me out - this applying to the US business is confusing!
tongue.gif