Canadian Applying to American Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonzerosum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Ontario, Canada and I am thinking of applying to American Pharmacy schools (since I get 3 choices on PCAT and only 1 is canadian) but I don't know where to start?? Is there a list of recognized American pharm schools?

Would applying to a non-PharmCAS school be a good idea? where can I find a list of them?

Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I live in Ontario, Canada and I am thinking of applying to American Pharmacy schools (since I get 3 choices on PCAT and only 1 is canadian) but I don't know where to start?? Is there a list of recognized American pharm schools?

Would applying to a non-PharmCAS school be a good idea? where can I find a list of them?

Thanks for any advice

Here is the American Pharmacy school directory alphabetically by state
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/directoryalphastate.htm

Here is the American Pharmacy school directory alphabetically by institution
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/directoryalpha.htm

The schools that don't have the logo are not participants of PharmCAS and the ones that do are.

The main web sites of the universities and more information can be found at http://www.aacp.org

Also note that before you apply make sure you are of aware of any pharmacy school requirements because you might be considered an international student. For example, the school I want to go to requires at least one semester of coursework at an accredited institution in the United States.

Hope this helped and good luck on applying to pharmacy school! :)

Last edited:
Thanks!!

I was wondering if you've heard of anyone from Canada (I go to U of Toronto) who got into an American Pharmacy school?

There so many choices compared to less than 10 in Canada :scared:.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me. I got into Colorado this year. Went to SMU, currently live near Vancouver, BC right now for the next 7 weeks and counting. Good luck. Tuition's a B*tch though. But getting a PharmD is worth it.

Wayne state is known to accept Canadian students, but it is more costly then schools in Canada. Its right next to the border to so you could technically live in Canada.

Wayne state is known to accept Canadian students, but it is more costly then schools in Canada. Its right next to the border to so you could technically live in Canada.

Same with UB - University at Buffalo.
Not sure if they're known to accept Canadian students, but I do know of at least one canadian who was accepted.

hola senor i'm a canadian student and going to attend UBuffalo in Sept. add me to msn i'll drop some hints/tips bc it's a tedious and exhausting process, being a Canadian/International student.

add me to msn [email protected] I'm from ontario too - I went to Brock.

good luck :)

PS HI ALENA!!!!!!!