Canadian Applying to US Grad School - Visa Question

Started by qwopty99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwopty99

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I'm stumped on this part of the application - but I think there are a few people here who have likely been through this before.

I'm a Canadian citizen - I'm applying to grad school (PhD) for Sept. 2007. I have no green card, residency, or any form of US "citizenship". How do I answer the following:

Q: Non-U.S. citizens: What visa type do you expect to hold at the beginning of the semester?

Non-immigrant categories:

F-1 Student
J1 Student
H-4 Dependent of H1-B
G4 International Organization Worker/Dependent
H-1B Temporary Expert Worker
TN Professionals under NAFTA (valid only for Mexico and Canada)
L1 Intracompany Transferees
Other (please specify)

Immigrant categories:

Permanent Resident/Pending Permanent Resident/Conditional Permanent Resident
Refugee
Asylee
Parolee

None of the above


Thanks in advance.