Canadian BEER???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but do Dublin pubs serve Canadian beer???

Also, is there a Tim Horton's in Dublin?

Thanks,
-- aks47

P.S. I already know that Guiness is very, very, very BIG in Dublin!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not seen any Canadian beer in Dublin although I have heard that you can find Labatts if you look hard enough. Also, there is no place where you can get Tim Horton's coffee but you can buy Tim Horton's donuts. Budweiser and Coors light are quite popular here though and can be found just about everywhere.

I dont understand?? But they do have Guinness... why would you want anything else?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was in Dublin in August I was trying to find some Candian beer and couldn't find any... I did manage to find some Coor's light, but no Molson or anything like that.
Either way, if you're going to be moving to Dublin, you should get yourself used to Guiness :luck:

reeka15 said:
When I was in Dublin in August I was trying to find some Candian beer and couldn't find any... I did manage to find some Coor's light, but no Molson or anything like that.
Either way, if you're going to be moving to Dublin, you should get yourself used to Guiness :luck:

LOL...it seems that I will have to start drinking Guiness to get me in the spirit of Dublin.

btw...as a side note...how much does beer cost there (per glass or per pint)?

aks47 said:
LOL...it seems that I will have to start drinking Guiness to get me in the spirit of Dublin.

Pint of Guinness: 2.35 euros to 5.00 depending on where/when. They serve 1 million pints a day of the stuff in Dublin.

You can buy Moosehead in most of the shops here (there). And yes, it actually tastes like real Moosehead with the fruity aftertaste....

Can also get Molson Ice sometimes, I never did see Labatt's or Molson products otherwise.

Besides, there were WAY better beer there than we had in Canada....

Enjoy!

aks47 said:

Pint of Guinness: 2.35 euros to 5.00 depending on where/when. They serve 1 million pints a day of the stuff in Dublin.

You can buy Moosehead in most of the shops here (there). And yes, it actually tastes like real Moosehead with the fruity aftertaste....

Can also get Molson Ice sometimes, I never did see Labatts or Molson products otherwise.

Besides, there were WAY better beer there than we had in Canada....

Enjoy!

Budweiser, Coors, Molson, Labatts, it's all the same swill.

If I were living in Dublin, the last thing I'd want is a Canadian beer! Unless I was feeling nostalgic.

ronin13 said:
Budweiser, Coors, Molson, Labatts, it's all the same swill.

If I were living in Dublin, the last thing I'd want is a Canadian beer! Unless I was feeling nostalgic.

LOL...I always have a nostalgia for beer!!!...whatever kind it is...I was just curious if they do serve Canadian Beer in Ireland.

They sell Labatts everywere - and it's really cheap. It's discount beer at bars here.

What's funny is most of the time the sign says "La Batt's". I once tried to explain to the staff at work that it wasn't french for "The Batt's beer" but I was drunk and no one buys it anyways so nobody cares.