1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian BEER???

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by aks47, Nov 26, 2005.

1. aks47

aks47 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey,

I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but do Dublin pubs serve Canadian beer???

Also, is there a Tim Horton's in Dublin?

Thanks,
    -- aks47

P.S. I already know that Guiness is very, very, very BIG in Dublin!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr.Doom

Dr.Doom Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have not seen any Canadian beer in Dublin although I have heard that you can find Labatts if you look hard enough. Also, there is no place where you can get Tim Horton's coffee but you can buy Tim Horton's donuts. Budweiser and Coors light are quite popular here though and can be found just about everywhere.

4. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I dont understand?? But they do have Guinness... why would you want anything else?

5. reeka15

reeka15 New Member

Other Health Professions Student
    When I was in Dublin in August I was trying to find some Candian beer and couldn't find any... I did manage to find some Coor's light, but no Molson or anything like that.
    Either way, if you're going to be moving to Dublin, you should get yourself used to Guiness :luck:

6. aks47

aks47 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    LOL...it seems that I will have to start drinking Guiness to get me in the spirit of Dublin.

btw...as a side note...how much does beer cost there (per glass or per pint)?

7. bulgethetwine

bulgethetwine Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Pint of Guinness: 2.35 euros to 5.00 depending on where/when. They serve 1 million pints a day of the stuff in Dublin.

You can buy Moosehead in most of the shops here (there). And yes, it actually tastes like real Moosehead with the fruity aftertaste....

Can also get Molson Ice sometimes, I never did see Labatt's or Molson products otherwise.

Besides, there were WAY better beer there than we had in Canada....

Enjoy!

8. bulgethetwine

bulgethetwine Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Pint of Guinness: 2.35 euros to 5.00 depending on where/when. They serve 1 million pints a day of the stuff in Dublin.

You can buy Moosehead in most of the shops here (there). And yes, it actually tastes like real Moosehead with the fruity aftertaste....

Can also get Molson Ice sometimes, I never did see Labatts or Molson products otherwise.

Besides, there were WAY better beer there than we had in Canada....

Enjoy!

9. ronin13

ronin13 Member
    5+ Year Member

Budweiser, Coors, Molson, Labatts, it's all the same swill.

If I were living in Dublin, the last thing I'd want is a Canadian beer! Unless I was feeling nostalgic.

10. aks47

aks47 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    LOL...I always have a nostalgia for beer!!!...whatever kind it is...I was just curious if they do serve Canadian Beer in Ireland.

11. Sage880

Sage880 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They sell Labatts everywere - and it's really cheap. It's discount beer at bars here.

What's funny is most of the time the sign says "La Batt's". I once tried to explain to the staff at work that it wasn't french for "The Batt's beer" but I was drunk and no one buys it anyways so nobody cares.