• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Giovani

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Just recieved my canadian DAT scores, here they go from highest to lowest:

Carving : 29 (100%)
Bio : 20 (97%)
chem: 17
PAT:16
RC: 14 ....winged it lol

science: 19
AA: 17

Not sure how i scored soo low on CHM and PAT...i thought i rocked them . i was getting 21-22s on crack the pat and i knew my chem inside out. Please let me know what are my chances off getting in. should I retake and if soo please provide feedback to improve CHM, PAT, and RC. Which canadian (or American) care most about carving, and which canadian schools should i apply to.
ps. I applied to more than 20 american schools

GPA: 3.97
sGPA:4.0

Double major: BIO & history with minor in Near eastern
Volunteer:
500+ GD shadowing
president of club
Over seas missions
Tutoring university and elimentery levels
TA for math
alternative spring break
dental tech volunteer
alot of student organization volunteer

stellar LORs

Here is what i used:
BIO:
KAPLAN BB
mcat Kaplan
barrons AP
Destroyer

chem:
princton review
KAPLAN bb
Destroyer

PAT:
CDP
Barrons

plus KAPLAN subject tests for all sections

Last edited:

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
Just recieved my canadian DAT scores, here they go from highest to lowest:

Carving : 29 (100%)
Bio : 20 (97%)
chem: 17
PAT:16
RC: 14 ....winged it lol

science: 19
AA: 17

Not sure how i scored soo low on CHM and PAT...i thought i rocked them . i was getting 21-22s on crack the pat and i knew my chem inside out. Please let me know what are my chances off getting in. should I retake and if soo please provide feedback to improve CHM, PAT, and RC. Which canadian (or American) care most about carving, and which canadian schools should i apply to.
ps. I applied to more than 20 american schools

GPA: 3.97
sGPA:4.0

Double major: BIO & history with minor in Near eastern
Volunteer:
500+ GD shadowing
president of club
Over seas missions
Tutoring university and elimentery levels
TA for math
alternative spring break
dental tech volunteer
alot of student organization volunteer

stellar LORs

Here is what i used:
BIO:
KAPLAN BB
mcat Kaplan
barrons AP
Destroyer

chem:
princton review
KAPLAN bb
Destroyer

PAT:
CDP
Barrons

plus KAPLAN subject tests for all sections
if you're hoping to get into canada, i think a 14 might hold you back. you have a reallllllly solid GPA, and that's definitely going to be your strong point, and will get you interviews at some canadian schools. I dont know about the states since they actually care about the DAT. Although your percentiles are very impressive, your standard scores are what really matter. I think the february DAT is going to be a lot easier since the scores for the november DAT are really low..i think if you can do that well on the november DAT..you might want to re-write it in February

About the Ads