canadian DAT mark

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GDwood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is
RC : 15 (i don't know what happened here)
Bio: 20
Chemistry: 23
Perception: 20
Carving: 20

This was my second time and my RC dropped by 3. I don't know what happened but i think my concentration level dropped towards the end. I kind of expected my RC to be like this cause i knew i didn't do well and in fact, i guessed last 8 questions. So here is the question. Should i take it again? btw i go to U of T and my GPA is low 3.0. That is why i need to kill the DAT to compensation for my low GPA but i am doing a lot better inow. so what do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are pretty good except your RC. My RC score is low as well 17. In general I'm very disappointed w/ my scores. If you take it again will you be taking the Canadian DAT?

To OP,

your scores are great except the RC. the RC this time was a lot harder than the Nov '06 test. i wrote the canadian DAt twice as well(nov '06 and feb '07 and my scores were not good at all). I also wrote the US Dat back in november '06 and that went fairly well for me (i don't know why the discrepancy even though i found the US Dat to be harder than the canadian Dat).

anywayz, If u plan to re-write, I suggest that you write both US and canadian DATs just to be on the safe side (as u already know, canadian DAT scores take a month and a half to come out). and for US applications, it is better to have the DAT done as soon as possible.

good luck.

yeah i also wrote this past canadian DAT and the RC was without a doubt much harder than any practice tests etc. that I used to study (plus one of topics really sucked). To the OP, nice carving score...how did you manage that....i got a 5!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u guys for ur advice
I got a 5 too when i first wrote it. I practiced a lot for the second one cause i didn'nt want to end up getting the same mark as the first one. so my advice to u is practice practice practice. That is the only advice i hvae for carving.
I think i am gonna take the DAt again so wish me luck

nice scores! remember, for uwo dental school in canada, you need to meet the rc cut off to be considered for an interview. this year, it was 18. last year was 19. so, you might wanna think about re taking the dat to up that rc score.