Canadian DAT vs. American DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a difference in the level of difficulty between the two tests. Also, for those of you that have taken the canadian test, how hard is the carving section.

Thanks for all the responses

Members don't see this ad.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Just wondering if there is a difference in the level of difficulty between the two tests. Also, for those of you that have taken the canadian test, how hard is the carving section.

Thanks for all the responses

I would be more than happy to help you, but I dont like helping racists.

I can't compare the two tests since I only wrote the Canadian DAT. Hmmm the carving section isn't too bad if you practice ahead of time. You can get the same soaps and material from the CDA and practice. I did great on my practice tries, but didn't do too well on the day of, but I know exactly where I went wrong...I guess I was just really nervious. But if you practice ahead of time and go in with confidence, I'm sure you'll do well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.BadVibes said:
I would be more than happy to help you, but I dont like helping racists.

Excuse me?!?!

My previous post/thread was against the stereotype of muslims. I was extremely offended by the comments posted by Slim Deets. However, I do admit that my post may have seemed overly negative and I do apologize to all those SDNers that were not too impressed (putting it mildly) by my comments.

As for you Dr. Vibes, its perfectly alright if you don't wanna help me on this topic (can. dat and american dat) as I can see you're point of view also.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Excuse me?!?!

My previous post/thread was against the stereotype of muslims. I was extremely offended by the comments posted by Slim Deets. However, I do admit that my post may have seemed overly negative and I do apologize to all those SDNers that were not too impressed (putting it mildly) by my comments.

As for you Dr. Vibes, its perfectly alright if you don't wanna help me on this topic (can. dat and american dat) as I can see you're point of view also.

If you are any good you should be able to fine on either test. Remeber, as painfull as it may be, sometime stereotypes emerge from the truth. Esp. when considering some groups.....

I will not help racists... :mad: <---(I am Dr. SlowVibes)
now it turned out to be you are the racist, eh? :laugh:

I did both tests, they are similar in dificulty I would say.

1) The A.DAT has orgo and Q.R., C.DAT has carving.

2) PAT is a little tougher on a computer screen (A.DAT), especially for the Ang. disc. section... But for the C.DAT you get it on paper, so, its a little easier.

3) Questions for the the R.C. on the A.DAT seemed to be in order of the given paragraphs, so I found it easier than the C.DAT where questions are scrambled. However, some people like to make marks on the paragraphs, which is not possible for the A.DAT. Personally I found the R.C. section of the A.DAT a little easier.

Overall, I scored exactly the same on both tests, Academic and Science, and I wrote them within two months of each other. Like I said before and I will say it again, they are both equal in dificulty, it all depends on how ready you are.

P.S. if you live in the GTA let me know, I have lots of soap bars left with the entire kit the you get from the CDA. I also have some extra carving problems which you cannot get from the CDA or anywhere else, I can include that with the kit. The CDA sell them for $90, PM me and I can give you a good deal.

Good luck.

DB#1 said:
I will not help racists... :mad: <---(I am Dr. SlowVibes)
now it turned out to be you are the racist, eh? :laugh:

I did both tests, they are similar in dificulty I would say.

1) The A.DAT has orgo and Q.R., C.DAT has carving.

2) PAT is a little tougher on a computer screen (A.DAT), especially for the Ang. disc. section... But for the C.DAT you get it on paper, so, its a little easier.

3) Questions for the the R.C. on the A.DAT seemed to be in order of the given paragraphs, so I found it easier than the C.DAT where questions are scrambled. However, some people like to make marks on the paragraphs, which is not possible for the A.DAT. Personally I found the R.C. section of the A.DAT a little easier.

Overall, I scored exactly the same on both tests, Academic and Science, and I wrote them within two months of each other. Like I said before and I will say it again, they are both equal in dificulty, it all depends on how ready you are.

P.S. if you live in the GTA let me know, I have lots of soap bars left with the entire kit the you get from the CDA. I also have some extra carving problems which you cannot get from the CDA or anywhere else, I can include that with the kit. The CDA sell them for $90, PM me and I can give you a good deal.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do live in the GTA, but I have plenty of soaps left over from when my brother was going through the process.

P.S. Just to make sure every one understands: I am NOT a racist. :)

KHANSAHAAB said:
Excuse me?!?!

Never ment to offend, more like get you to think about what u are saying and asking for. If you were offend I do apologize. Have a great day my fellow Canuck. Leave religion out of this site and we will all get along just fine. P.s. Whats the weather like up there? Comming home soon.

SLIMDEETS said:
Never ment to offend, more like get you to think about what u are saying and asking for. If you were offend I do apologize. Have a great day my fellow Canuck. Leave religion out of this site and we will all get along just fine. P.s. Whats the weather like up there? Comming home soon.

Weather is beautiful. They are however calling for rain this long weekend.

DB#1 said:

Good luck.

hey, how's it goin!
i sold the CDA package AND the 2 IQ booklets for $30...hahaha...i guess i was a lil on the generous side?

post it up on www.tusbe.com and www.uswap.com

where r u heading next yr, mr Y.