CANADIAN dental school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello hello everyone

Im looking through the threads and Im seeing that a lot of the posts are for US dental students. So of course I decided to offer some help to those that are applying for Canadian schools. :):)

Im a 2nd year IDAPP student at University of Toronto. I hate it right now but that's because its so buzy this week and it sucks :(

That's beside the point...ignore that.

So I was there 2 years ago and I feel for you so here are some things you might want to look into.
Well at least this is what I did.

1) Pick your suit/skirt at least 2 weeks ahead, avoid aggravation and it is so important.

2) Know who you are, know different stories about your life.

3) Dont listen to people about how tough the interview is cause they're all talking about their own experience.

4) Go visit this site www.eliteinterview.com. I took this course before the interview. Its like a preparation course for the interview. A lot of us got in from the group I was in. Its something like 6 hours at UofT, its very very good. It taught us things to make the process easier. Worth looking into it.

5) Every university posts stats from last year. Check them out to see what the spread is. I know UofT has it.

OK... if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me

Ciao
M

Members don't see this ad.

Hello hello everyone

Im looking through the threads and Im seeing that a lot of the posts are for US dental students. So of course I decided to offer some help to those that are applying for Canadian schools. :):)

Im a 2nd year IDAPP student at University of Toronto. I hate it right now but that's because its so buzy this week and it sucks :(

That's beside the point...ignore that.

So I was there 2 years ago and I feel for you so here are some things you might want to look into.
Well at least this is what I did.

1) Pick your suit/skirt at least 2 weeks ahead, avoid aggravation and it is so important.

2) Know who you are, know different stories about your life.

3) Dont listen to people about how tough the interview is cause they're all talking about their own experience.

4) Go visit this site www.eliteinterview.com. I took this course before the interview. Its like a preparation course for the interview. A lot of us got in from the group I was in. Its something like 6 hours at UofT, its very very good. It taught us things to make the process easier. Worth looking into it.

5) Every university posts stats from last year. Check them out to see what the spread is. I know UofT has it.

OK... if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me

Ciao
M

that pretty nice of you so thanks. i think u should also leave some feedback in the interview feedback here if haven't already done so. i know there isn't too much on canadian schools here so it;s great to have people like you around.

hey

I was in your shoes last year. I couldnt find anything specific to the interview process so I looked around this site and came about the course that "maca" is talking about. I took this course through www.eliteinterview.com sometime in March. Its a pretty good course actually. Very comprehensive and the girl that teaches it is very knowledgeable in the whole process as she's a dental student herself.

Im in first year at UofT now and from the look of it there are at least 20-30 of us that took this same course last year so that says a lot.

Check it out, it might help

Good Luck and stick with it, once you're in you're in for good :)

BTW. Gross Anatomy is the only thing to worry about in first year :(

Hi guys,

thanks so much for sharing your interview experience. I just got the invitation for interview for U of T dental school and my interview date is March 26th.

so I'm a fitness instructor and have been TAing at UT for 2 years. I love working with people and pretty outgoing and talkative. I already had 3 interviews with US optometry school and got accepted by all of them. Do you think there is still a necessity of taking the course? Is it just about general interview questions, which you can get help with from U of T career centre consellors?

thanks for sharing!!

Laura:)