Canadian fellowship after US residency

Started by DV133
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DV133

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I’m a Canadian soon to be PGY2 in the USA and interested in applying for fellowship in Canada. I’m interested in the FM/EM fellowship. Previous match data at the program I’d like to apply to show a couple of US applicants each year but none ever match. Does anyone have experience with this or maybe know a US grad that did a fellowship in Canada?
 
Not aware of anyone, but all I can say is good luck. The match for regular EM here has ~50-60% match success rate, the match for FM+1 EM is lower. Tough sell for them to choose graduates they don't know versus someone who spent their residency building connections at the department