Canadian Friendly List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bodmon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the list that I have compiled from many threads of Canadian friendly schools
Can anyone give me advice of what schools I should NOT apply to considering I have a 3.55 cGPA, and a 3.58 sGPA and that I'm Canadian.
I am writing my DAT this August and my LORs are going to be very general since I don't have a strong relationship with my profs. I will have 100 hours in shadowing my dentist and volunteering at the clinic. Few EC's and work experience with kids
Given that, here is my list.
Boston
NYU
Case
Nova
Pacific
Minnesota
Temple
Pittsburgh
Detroit Mercy
Buffalo
Upenn
Indian
Midwestern
Louisville
Michigan
Creighton
Columbia
Loma
California
Connecticut
New Jersey
USC
WesternU

Edit: columbia has admitted 4 students internationally... so I guess thats off the list

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian too and this list seems long for Canadian-friendly. I think I'm only applying to BU, NYU and UPenn, but your sGPA is a little better than mine so you would probably have a better shot at some of the other schools than I would.

I'm Canadian too and this list seems long for Canadian-friendly. I think I'm only applying to BU, NYU and UPenn, but your sGPA is a little better than mine so you would probably have a better shot at some of the other schools than I would.
from what I've seen so far the schools that you've mentioned accept the highest (generally speaking) international students. But to me even 30 a year doesn't seem like much.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's still a better chance than Canadian schools though... even for my in province school the lowest GPA that was accepted was a 3.69, with average being 3.9 :(

That's still a better chance than Canadian schools though... even for my in province school the lowest GPA that was accepted was a 3.69, with average being 3.9 :(
I agree with you 100%... its absolutely ridiculous!

Connecticut, NJ, California (Which one in CA?), and Creighton
Check the stats on those 4, not too sure if friendly

Connecticut, NJ, California (Which one in CA?), and Creighton
Check the stats on those 4, not too sure if friendly
Cali San Fran, and thank you I will double check

Reactions: 1 user

UDM accepts a lot of Canadians and a lot of them live in Windsor and commute everyday. So, I would definitely apply there.

Make sure you contact the schools to ensure that they still accept Canadian residents! As I was putting together my list (I'm a Canadian applicant too) and looking at school websites, a lot of them indicated that they take the cDAT. However, this doesn't mean that they necessarily accept Canadian applicants. I contacted each of the schools on my list to confirm and have written messages from each. I put this info in a document. I'm away from my home computer at the moment, but send me a message later tonight and I'll contribute what I know from each school on this topic to this thread :) The last thing you wanna do is spend money to apply and then hear that you can't get accepted because you're a Canadian resident.

Make sure you contact the schools to ensure that they still accept Canadian residents! As I was putting together my list (I'm a Canadian applicant too) and looking at school websites, a lot of them indicated that they take the cDAT. However, this doesn't mean that they necessarily accept Canadian applicants. I contacted each of the schools on my list to confirm and have written messages from each. I put this info in a document. I'm away from my home computer at the moment, but send me a message later tonight and I'll contribute what I know from each school on this topic to this thread :) The last thing you wanna do is spend money to apply and then hear that you can't get accepted because you're a Canadian resident.
That would be amazing! I'll leave you a message in your inbox now, look forward to hearing from you :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/canadian-ds-the-hoopla-over-high-admission-stats.568870/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...pla-over-high-admission-stats-part-ii.910566/
I've seen this doc but sometimes enrolment isn't everything. I was wondering if anyone had anything else to say besides numbers. For example Loma wants SDA students?
Duly noted.