canadian gpa conversion chart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amar21

professional crammer
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have access to a chart that will convert percentage grades from canadian schools (western ontario) to american GPA? I've tried searching the forum but all links point to 2004 threads with dead links to aadsas.

EDIT- anyone?? I've tried emailing aadass numerous times over the past week with no reply.

Members don't see this ad.

amar21 said:
Anyone have access to a chart that will convert percentage grades from canadian schools (western ontario) to american GPA? I've tried searching the forum but all links point to 2004 threads with dead links to aadsas.

EDIT- anyone?? I've tried emailing aadass numerous times over the past week with no reply.

don't you have letters assigned as well?

i went to york for a year and i had letters assigned... if not, you'd probably have to get a transcript evaluated by this big international company that does it...

if you look at the website for med school application in ontario, there is a link to some pdf file that gives letter equivalents for each school... you might be ableto use that by submitting it to aadsas.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What you do (or at least what I did) was to use my letter grades (your school should have a conversion from % to letter or give you a letter grade). Then, you can use the AADSAS chart to find out your gpa and what not.

We don't have letters assigned, we just have a pure percent grade! I got an email from aadsas today...

"Unfortunately, we do not have a grading conversion chart that we can forward to you. Our transcript verification department conducts all of our GPA Calculations and unfortunately they don’t accept calls from applicants."

I guess i'll just wait until its my turn to apply and hope for the best. I still have a year left on my undergrad degree :)

amar21 said:
We don't have letters assigned, we just have a pure percent grade! I got an email from aadsas today...

"Unfortunately, we do not have a grading conversion chart that we can forward to you. Our transcript verification department conducts all of our GPA Calculations and unfortunately they don’t accept calls from applicants."

I guess i'll just wait until its my turn to apply and hope for the best. I still have a year left on my undergrad degree :)

try accessing the omsas site for the chart i mentioned above. otherwise, if you have 80 or above i think you should be alright.

also, it's way more expensive to come to the states, why do you want to when you could stay at western, and there you could apply in two years of undergrad even! and you could come to the states after if this is where you want to live...

rals said:
try accessing the omsas site for the chart i mentioned above. otherwise, if you have 80 or above i think you should be alright.

also, it's way more expensive to come to the states, why do you want to when you could stay at western, and there you could apply in two years of undergrad even! and you could come to the states after if this is where you want to live...

Just keeping my options open... i like to know what im working towards.

My average right now is not too hot at western, 78%... Just want to see what I can do a year from now incase my average doesn't improve.