Canadian Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PLZ46

Reaction score
Any other Canadians on here applying to medical schools in Canada this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don’t mind me asking how did you get a 4.0 gpa and end up doing relative poorly on the mcat? Do you go to McMaster by chance?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you don’t mind me asking how did you get a 4.0 gpa and end up doing relative poorly on the mcat? Do you go to McMaster by chance?

Actually I do mind you asking. The purpose of starting this thread was to get more people talking about applying in Canada... not to be personally attacked over my stats. I would appreciate if you don’t have something helpful to add to the discussion that you don’t contribute at all. Applying for medical school is difficult enough without having strangers cut you down on the internet.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That wasn’t an attack by any stretch I was just trying to figure out the discrepancy. For example if you weren’t a science major I could see that gpa and mcat score coming about. Then maybe some schools would cut you some slack. But if you are a science major and have those scores schools might think your gpa is inflated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
That wasn’t an attack by any stretch I was just trying to figure out the discrepancy. For example if you weren’t a science major I could see that gpa and mcat score coming about. Then maybe some schools would cut you some slack. But if you are a science major and have those scores schools might think your gpa is inflated.

Well I guess it’s up to me to worry about what schools may or may not think about me. I know I put in the work for my GPA and pardon me for not having a 520+ mcat to go along with it.

I have Canadian/US citizenship, applying to schools in both countries.

Like the above poster I have citizenship both in the United States and Canada, and am applying in both countries this year, although I have been unsuccessful in my attempts at gaining an acceptance in Canada thus far.

There are a couple of candians lurking around here but more active on other forums specific to Canadian applicants/schools.

Canadian here, applying to both countries, lol is that all you wanted to know :p

Any other Canadians on here applying to medical schools in Canada this cycle?

I am Canadian and I’m only applying in my home province! It’s my first cycle so I’m very hopeful. Good luck to you!

canadian applying to home province and schools in the states!

Canadian here applying to Ontario schools (IP), one OOP school, and MD/DO in the states without american citizenship.

Reactions: 1 user
any updates from fellow canadians on either country's cycle?

Nothing new for me in the US. Still haven’t heard anything from 4 MD schools. Pre interview R from Ottawa but did receive an Interview invite from U of Manitoba (I am in province).

Hope the cycle is going well for others!!

Nothing from the US from me either, guess its a wrap for this cycle for me....

The one school USMD school I interviewed at gives out small batches of As in waves so I'm waiting to hear back from them. Only news from USMD schools have been the pre-interview holds that I had which turned into Rs. Very excited to have gotten an interview at McMaster (IP) and rejections everywhere else. Put deposit down for my top choice USDO school. Best of luck to everyone on both cycles!

I got an A at SLU but then got an II UWO last week and would loooove to go to uwo