Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated with a BScN and achieved honours, so I have about a 70% average (2.7?). I was busy with sports, volunteering, and just about anything else besides school; clearly wasn't mature as school was not a priority. Fast forward to now, I have excelled as an RN and work at a top hospital in Canada and i'm in my early 20s. I have matured and I want to push myself and get accepted to medical school so I can pursue my dream of becoming a doctor. I just never believed in myself, Well, I'm ready to change.
Plan: As of right now, I am considering Australian schools and Caribbean schools because my GPA could still potentially land me a position at some of their schools. What do I really want? To work my @#$ off and achieve success at a Caribbean school or gain admission to a DO school. As a registered nurse, I could find employment in the States and get a green card/citizenship within a year or two. I was originally planning on going to Texas as they have a lot of schools which heavily favor residents of the state.
How could I go about raising my GPA!? I don't want to go back to school for 4-5 years and I will be working if I decide to go this route so I wouldn't be able to take on a full time course load. I'm unfamiliar with the pathways a non-trad could take... I've heard post-bacc/SMP but I don't really know how they work. Canada is rather unforgiving about low undergrad GPAs and there aren't many options at all. I want to get the ball rolling.
Thanks for your time and consideration, everything helps. I've got a lot to think about.
Plan: As of right now, I am considering Australian schools and Caribbean schools because my GPA could still potentially land me a position at some of their schools. What do I really want? To work my @#$ off and achieve success at a Caribbean school or gain admission to a DO school. As a registered nurse, I could find employment in the States and get a green card/citizenship within a year or two. I was originally planning on going to Texas as they have a lot of schools which heavily favor residents of the state.
How could I go about raising my GPA!? I don't want to go back to school for 4-5 years and I will be working if I decide to go this route so I wouldn't be able to take on a full time course load. I'm unfamiliar with the pathways a non-trad could take... I've heard post-bacc/SMP but I don't really know how they work. Canada is rather unforgiving about low undergrad GPAs and there aren't many options at all. I want to get the ball rolling.
Thanks for your time and consideration, everything helps. I've got a lot to think about.