Canadian Students - Application Fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellow canadians,

for application fee to each school you applied to,
how did you pay for it?

schools accept cheque or money order but they say "No Canadian Postal money orders"... also bank like TD Bank has no affiliate bank in the US....

I got a letter from Columbia that they can't accept my fee since it's TD Bank cheque... I dont know what else I can do...

how did you guys pay????

p.s. how about Scotia Bank???

Members don't see this ad.

I used a CIBC money order. Had no problem with them.

I think the key is to ask the teller for a money order in US currency that can be redeemed from a US bank.

Hey Sung...did you get accepted into COlumbia?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mwsung
Hi Fellow canadians,

for application fee to each school you applied to,
how did you pay for it?

schools accept cheque or money order but they say "No Canadian Postal money orders"... also bank like TD Bank has no affiliate bank in the US....

Yes, NO Postal money orders are accepted, but they do accepted money orders (in U.S. funds of course) from various banks. The banks does not need to be affiliated with the U.S., just as long as you get the U.S. money order from them and mail it directly to the AADSAS application centre. They accept all banks money orders.

hi mwsung,

I paid my application fee and the deposit with money order, most of them were from the banks such as Scotia or TD and once I got it from a post office but ofcourse all are in US funds...

GOOD LUCK :D

Dude, my mom opened up an American Chequing account to write american cheques..checks? May be I should learn how to write it the American way...