Canadian Students at ICO

Started by OD2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OD2009

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are Canadian students paying for tuition? I got a line of credit from RBC but I don't know how to transfer the funds b/c they need to be in US. Any ideas?

Also has everyone filled out their I-20 form??
 
OD2009 said:
How are Canadian students paying for tuition? I got a line of credit from RBC but I don't know how to transfer the funds b/c they need to be in US. Any ideas?

Also has everyone filled out their I-20 form??

The easiest route for now is to probably purchase a US Dollar money order from RBC for the tuiton amount. I've heard of some students with a BMO line of credit transfering the money from their BMO account to a Harris Bank account (its based in Chicago and is a subsidary of BMO, so apparently it is easy to do).

Personally, i had been hoping they would accept credit card payment for tuition (just imagine all those air miles!! :laugh: ) but unfortunately they don't. Looks like I'll be using a money order this time around.

Does anyone know what payment method likely carries the lowest exchange comission?
 
what u can do is open a US dollar account at RBC
get US cheques...write urself cheques....that way u can pay ur tuition or deposit into ur account in the US