Canadian students enrolled in American optometry school?

Started by caroline*
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi there, I go to Pacific University and would love to help you out by answering questions. I can't message you for some reason but feel free to try and message me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there, I go to Pacific University and would love to help you out by answering questions. I can't message you for some reason but feel free to try and message me.
Hi, I'm doing my undergrad at U of Alberta, and am considering Pacific! I was wondering if you could give any pointers about paying for tuition as a Canadian and how you like Forest Grove and the university 🙂 thanks!
 
Hi, I'm doing my undergrad at U of Alberta, and am considering Pacific! I was wondering if you could give any pointers about paying for tuition as a Canadian and how you like Forest Grove and the university 🙂 thanks!
Hi there! I just saw this message sorry for the late reply. Yes it is expensive as a Canadian especially with the exchange rate. Luckily as Albertans, the government gives us a lot of loans compared to other provinces. I received around $40k CAD this year for my fourth year and it goes a long way. If you need additional assistance, many classmates have their parents also get a line of credit through their parents from a bank. The interest rate is worse than student loans but assuming your parents have decent credit scores, you should be able to get a pretty good interest rate. Hope that helps!