Canadian students from DO school apply for residency in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StriveToBeDr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am currently a DO student, and I am wondering what is the outlook and procedures to apply for residency in Canada right after graduation from a DO school?

I am interested in either BC or Ontario.

Thanks for help.
 
I'm pretty sure Ontario allows the USMLE exams in place of MCC exams and may even accept the COMLEX series (not totally sure). You can gain full practice rights in BC if you complete MCCEE as well as MCCQE1 and QE2.

As far as matching thru CARMs, DO students have usually matched into family medicine; however, I know there was a DO student who matched into pathology at U of T... so maybe Canada is opening up to the idea of osteopathic physicians.