T
torontopharm
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I'm new here and i had a few questions about Pharmacy schools in UK. I apologize in advance if the stuff has been covered already.
I'm currently doing College in Canada (Biotech/Microbiology program) and just finished my 2nd year. The UK program that i'm interested in is a 4 year MPharm program, which would basically translate to a Bachelor's Degree in Canada. Bsc in Pharmacy is pretty much what's required to practice Pharmacy in Canada, unlike USA where PharmaD is required (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
My question is basically, is my college experience going to count as "pre-pharmacy" and would i be able to write the FPGEC? Im thinking of going to UK to do the MPharm starting Sept 2011, and by then i'll have 3 years of college done.
Any help would be appreciated.
I'm new here and i had a few questions about Pharmacy schools in UK. I apologize in advance if the stuff has been covered already.
I'm currently doing College in Canada (Biotech/Microbiology program) and just finished my 2nd year. The UK program that i'm interested in is a 4 year MPharm program, which would basically translate to a Bachelor's Degree in Canada. Bsc in Pharmacy is pretty much what's required to practice Pharmacy in Canada, unlike USA where PharmaD is required (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
My question is basically, is my college experience going to count as "pre-pharmacy" and would i be able to write the FPGEC? Im thinking of going to UK to do the MPharm starting Sept 2011, and by then i'll have 3 years of college done.
Any help would be appreciated.
, and that's what i gathered until now. I'll definitely find out what the official amount is by contacting the boards and post it here. But from what i researched, it's far easier to do the intern hours outside Ontario. Even then, it's a long process i agree with you on that. May be i'm just hearing the positive stuff, and not the negatives. I'm sure the process won't be as "gravy" as it sounds, there will be bumps on the road.