Canadian transcripts & GPA

Started by Junta87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Junta87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am finishing my PTCAS application, and I realized today that only three on my prerequisites will "count" in terms of GPA. I did my first two years of undergraduate work in Canada, and then transferred to a US school. PTCAS does not calculate international GPA scores (including canadian schools). Only three out of my ten prereqs are from the US- where I took AP II (A-), Organic chem (A-) and physics (B). So my GPA is 3.5. I worked so hard with the other classes and have an A- or better in all of them- and it doesn't count??? My prereq score SHOULD be 3.8. I only realized this today and I feel much less confident with my application.

Also, this brings my entire cumulative GPA down to 3.3, it was also higher with my canadian grades included). Why do international credits not count with them??
 
I'm applying from Canada and did all of my undergraduate work there. As you said, PTCAS doesn't calculate any GPAs and as a result lists mine as 0.00. However, all the schools I've applied to indicate that they do their own GPA calculations for Canadian coursework. I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are, you can contact the school directly and confirm that they will in fact do their own calculation to make sure all of your pre-requisite coursework is included in your pre-req GPA.