canadian vs US medical graduate

Started by mnurwand
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mnurwand

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm a Canadian and currently going to my third year in undergrad. I've been researching potential med schools both in US & Canada, as well as the Caribbeans. My question is: assuming that the US/Caribbean med school that I chose is accredited in Canada, what additional steps do I have to take in order to practice in Canada (in comparison to Canadian medical graduates)?

From what I understand right now, Canadian med grads don't have to take the MCC qualifying exams but IMGs have to. However, both have to take MCCQE part I & II. Is this correct?

Thanks