Canadian who needs HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanadianGalPD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian who will be applying to the States for dental school. My cumulative GPA right now is a 76.5% and I will be entering my 4th year in the fall (hoping to pull it up). The thing is, I don't have all the pre-requisites yet (still need Orgo 2, 2 englishes and a Microbiology). Will admission committees even consider me? I'm considering writing the American DAT in August. Can someone please help a confused girl? I also did poorly in general chemistry 1 and did not re-take it. Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian who will be applying to the States for dental school. My cumulative GPA right now is a 76.5% and I will be entering my 4th year in the fall (hoping to pull it up). The thing is, I don't have all the pre-requisites yet (still need Orgo 2, 2 englishes and a Microbiology). Will admission committees even consider me? I'm considering writing the American DAT in August. Can someone please help a confused girl? I also did poorly in general chemistry 1 and did not re-take it. Please help!!

76.5% is not a GPA - that's your percent average. You need to calculate your GPA based on your individual course grades and the number of credits each course is worth. I'm going to assume your school doesn't use a +/- system.

A = 4.0
B = 3.0
C= 2.0
D = 1.0
F = 0

The Canadian to American system can either work against you or for you, depending on the combination of grades you got, and how your school grades. So if you had straight B's, then you get a 3.0.